Useful Websites

header image

Some websites which may be of interest

Click on the title to go to the website:

United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
The registering body for psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors in the UK. The UKCP register and monitor training organisations and handle complaints against practitioners. To be a registered practitioner psychotherapists have to fulfil and maintain standards of practice and provide proof of ongoing supervision and continuing professional development. You can use this site to check if a therapist is registered with them or not.

Health and Care Professions Council
This is the registering body for a range of allied health professionals, including occupational therapists, art therapist and music therapists. Health professionals registered here have to provide evidence of good practice and continuing professional development to keep registered. The HCPC handles complaints against these professionals, as well as setting standards for practice and competence along with the various training bodies (e.g. The College of Occupational Therapists (COT)

Equine Assisted Growth And Learning Association
EAGALA is the leading body training therapists in the use of horses to provide therapy. They provide avery specific model of practice and details about it and much more can be found on their website.

College of Occupational Therapists
The training body of occupational therapists. For more information about occupational therapists and what they do, this is a reasonable place to start.